Friday 3 June 2011

Middle School Grade 1 Lesson Plans

Here I am posting all of my Grade 1 materials for my middle school classes. They are based on the curriculum for the Middle School English 1 books by Johanna L. Haas.

Some lessons are obviously better than others, but I hope either way that the PPTs and the handouts will be helpful to you, even if you only look at them to give you some ideas of what you can do with your own students.

As I am re-signing at my school for next year, I will be updating my lessons in the future as I re-use them. As happens in teaching, some of these lessons were a complete success and others flunked terribly, which is why I will do my best to reflect on my lessons as best I can to give you some hints on what does and doesn't work. Please do bear in mind that all classes are different though and a lesson that didn't work for me, might well work for you with a little modification! A lot is up to how the teacher presents the topics, so please keep that at the back of your minds when reading what I have to say.

Some of the powerpoints were made by me from scratch, others are simply modified PPT's I've found across the web and adjusted to fit my classes. I have done my best to name the ones I modified though, if I left anything out and you see something familiar though, if you let me know I will mention it.

So without further ado:

Chapter 1 - All About Me
- Introductions

Chapter 2 - My School Bus
- How do you go to school?/ When do you go to school?

Chapter 3 - Join Our Club!
- Do you like...?

Chapter 4 - At the Pet Shop
- What does it look like?

Chapter 5 - The World of Robots
- Can you...?

Chapter 6 - A Postcard from Santorini
Chapter 7 - At the Traditional Market
Chapter 8 - Nasrredin and the Fish
Chapter 9 - Our Dreams
Chapter 10 - My Special Days
Chapter 11 - The Largest, Longest, Tallest...
Chapter 12 - The Hundred Dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment