Friday 5 March 2010

Getting Started

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that if you're thinking about coming to South Korea in the first place you're thinking about teaching, studying, or travelling while you're out there. I would hedge a guess that teaching is top of the list of reasons for most people to jump the gun and head to Korea because they've heard of the good benefit packages the Korean EFL industry has to offer. Regardless of why you want to go there though, you're going to have to start somewhere in your big plans, unless you're the “ I'll jump on a plane and figure it out later” kind of person, and that is where this blog comes in. I know from personal experience that depending on what you want to do in Korea, gaining access to the country can be a walk in the park, or a hike up a seemingly endlessly high rubble covered mountain. As I therefore start on my rubble covered mountain trip to Korea the second time around, I will do my best to share my experiences in such a way as to help future generations of Korea bound adventurers avoid any serious pitfalls that may be encountered, and successfully plan their own journeys of discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment